Transferring a Property - Geelong Conveyancing
Transfer Header Image | Geelong Conveyancing


How do I go about transferring my property?

When you’re thinking of transferring a title of ownership for your land, think Geelong Conveyancing. Transferring of a property takes place after a Vendor agrees to sell the property to the buyer. But this is not always the case. What if the transfer is a gift from someone? Or what if a relative leaves you the property in their will? All of these will require transferring the property into the new owner’s name. That’s where we come in. These are all common types of issues that we deal with on a daily basis, and they are most likely to occur between family members (spouses, husbands, wives, etc).

Geelong Conveyancing can help you arrange a transfer of title while we provide you with quality service and a stress-free experience. During the step-by-step process of completing a transfer, we will ensure that the right steps are taken to get the job done. After you give us your instructions (that are unique to you) we will give you with an estimate of the stamp duty and registration fees. We will then prepare all of the required documents so that we can make the transfer. Once we have arranged all of the documents, stamping and lodging, we will then pass on all of the required information to the bank.

Before transferring a property, it is a good idea to know what you will need first. All transfers of land (even land that was given as a gift) will attract stamp duty. The only time that they might not attract the stamp duty is if there is an exemption or concession. To find out more about exemptions and concessions, visit

We are happy to discuss property transfer matters with you, and assist with any questions that you may have. Contact us today on (03) 5223 1851, or go to our contact page and fill in the form provided.