How do I refinance my property?
Are you looking at refinancing your property? Given the current low interest rates, it’s no wonder why so many home owners are looking at refinancing their mortgage. It all sounds quite easy, but it still involves complex legal documents with a bank or other lender. As part of our first-rate service, we are able to assist you with refinancing. We can sit down with you and help you to review the documents. We will explain to you, under the contract, what all of the terms and obligations mean. This will ensure that you feel confident to proceed with the refinance. At times, your new bank or lender will appoint an agent to prepare the mortgage papers. The agent, along with these documents, will help to make the settlement easy. There may also be quite a few issues that will need urgent attention. That is where we come in. We will provide all of the required searches and certificates, and attend the final settlement to collect surplus funds. We will also ensure that the final figures have been supplied before the settlement has been carried out.Below you will find a list of the tasks that we would carry out on your behalf:
- Contact your bank or lender and advise them that we will be acting on your behalf.
- Review the mortgage documents, and then explain them to you.
- Assist you when you have to sign all of the documents.
- If there are any questions, we will ask the bank or lender as required.
- Return all of the documents (that have been signed) to the lender.
- Provide the bank or lender with all of the required searches.
- Speak with the bank or lender that you are currently with, and advise them of your plans to cancel your mortgage.
- Arrange any forms that the bank or lender requires to be sent to you. We will then assist you in completing these forms.
- Arrange the settlement between your current bank/lender, and your new bank/ lender.
- Attend the settlement for you and notify you after completion.
So contact Geelong Conveyancing today for all your refinancing needs.